Thursday, July 5, 2018

Ellavieve turns 5

5 years old!
-5-
My first born baby girl turned 5 this year! 
………..
😭

I will never forget the moment I saw her for the first time! 
That head full of blonde hair.. and those big gorgeous blue eyes!! 


so now she is five...
and I can not bare it! 


please tell me I am going to accept this soon! … it has been 2 months now! 
haha! 

Anyhow. I love to celebrate my little ones! 
I have a super fun time planning and paying attention to detail. 
and being that this year was the 
BIG 5... 

I knew I wanted to make it magical.
because this little girl of mine is so magical!!
……………………………………………………………………………………


We finally decided to go with an intimate fairy birthday party in a little garden with immediate family and Ellavieve 's little fairy friends.


One of my best friends, Joyce, has a beautiful space in her back yard. 
it is totally stunning!

I was so happy she agreed to help me throw Ellavieve a little birthday bash in her beautiful space.

When I was envisioning El's party I knew I wanted it non-matchy and whimsy!

I thought of it like I do when I think of a  quilt.
I wanted it to flow but have patches of different colors... So I just knew it would all flow similar to that once we pieced everything together.

so I used a lot of different materials  
fresh flowers
sticks
moss
fairy garden pieces
patchy material
ribbons
strings
balloons
wooden tables
overstuffed upholstered chairs 
stones
mushrooms 
old windows
pallets
…………………………………………………………………….

now before you go and think I made every single thing.. I absolutely did not lol

my friends home really didn't need much at all.....
her home and garden is magical all by itself

all I did was add the party touch!



My friend Tascha had a fairy party for her daughter last year... and my favorite thing there- were these mushroom tops!

I was so excited she still had them and let me borrow them for El's party!
.
.
.
we stuck a lot of random pots and rocks underneath to give them a variety of height and look!
.
.
.
.
and this cake.
goodness. it was delicious. and perfect.

I literally cried when I saw it!! 
Tascha's mom made if for us!! 


We stuck it in a little bird bath to give it a fairy feel!






for the center pieces my moms tree was peeling in her yard
so she snagged some awesome pieces of bark for me that I threw down the center of the table.

I found moss stones on clearance at tjmaxx 
the rest was white pottery, fresh flowers, tiny mushrooms, and moss ribbon!

-side note-
If you saw my sister and I pulled on the side of the road on a Friday morning we were picking wild flowers haha!! 

I am so thankful for all of her help!! 
She just runs with my crazy ideas and we do it!
no question about it!! 
I couldn't of pulled anything off that day if it wasn't for her! 

she is just as fun as she looks!!



I put the kids table on the ground!
I used 6 pallets and covered them with different pieces of material...
and old window in the center and greenery and wild flowers for décor!

The utensils and plates also came from tj maxx! 

I swear all of my co-workers from the maxx probably think I am crazy when it comes to one of my babies birthday big birthdays... 😅

here are just a few more pictures of the décor!
.
.
.


for some reason- every party I ever plan - I find myself using pops of red.
I have no idea why- but I am certainly drawn to it! 

We had an evening party
Thank goodness we did!
It was a hot one that day!
yikes.

For party favors and my personal favorite touch- I made wands for the little girls and dudes!

and they were SO simple!! 
I painted sticks ( also from my moms yard) 
and went to Michaels and bought their clearance ribbons!

I hot glued the ribbons on and wrapped them and glued more so they looked whimsy!

The girls also got fairy wings and a greenery head piece.

I knew I didn't want my son to be a fairy lol 
so I made him and the rest of the boys garden princes!
They all were given wands- red capes- and felt crowns.


I wanted the kids to be pretty busy so after their dinner we played the May Pole and made tiny fairy gardens! 




I wish I would of snapped a few pictures of the kids playing with the May Pole but I was singing and dancing right along with them!

So there are a few things I am going to leave up to your imagination haha! 
.
.
.
.
For those wee little fairy bellies
 we served...
butterfly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches 
caterpillar grape skewers (made by my momma in law)
and strawberry and marshmallow mushrooms
and morning dew (water) in mason jars!


For the adults
I served 
Chicken salad croissants
blt salad
cupcakes by my momma
fra diablo 

I probably forgetting a few things haha !
but they also had morning dew to drink also!

Oh yes... and of course I didn't get a picture of these...
but all the ice cubes had edible flowers in them!

… I told you I love details... haha 







I am sure you all are getting super bored with these details haha... I know I am …. 

So how about some fun!! 
…………………………………………………………………………………….


…. The Douthitt Babies!.....
prefood haha 

Ellavieve on the right
Grey on the left
and their baby cousin, Canaan,  in the middle!



My sister- in- law - Jess
Canaan's momma is fantastic when it comes to throwing a party!
She also shares with me a major love for party planning!
and she is amazing at it!

She always is such a big help to me!
She ran all day for me  until she got there and helped me decorate and put things out and take pictures and stir food... 
Gosh and I am sure she was behind the scenes do so many other things that I do not even know about!






























I am super thankful for Geno!
He picked up my camera for me and took over!
He really got some fantastic pictures for me!















there must of been a McDonalds cup joke going on that I didn't know about! 
haha!
because everyone of my family members have a picture with this cup haha!! 


There are so many other things that are not pictured!
but everyone had such a magical time!! 

I hoped and pray I had everyone of those littles believing that they were in an enchanted garden full of real fairies!

Ellavieve is still talking about her birthday party with all of her cousins and little friends!
So thank you for coming out and celebrating my sweet little girl!! 
and ALL of the beautiful gifts!!! 
SO MANY BEAUITFUL GIFTS


Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet Ellavieve Kate!
I love you beyond measure my darling!
Mommy, Daddy, & Grey love you more than we can put into words! 
.
.
.
.
.
.
I also just want to publicly thank all of my family for putting such hard work into bringing my vision to life!
My mom made beautiful fairy jars full of glitter and tea lights and fairies- and her to die for cupcakes
My sister in law cut all of the little fairies out & and picked up and ran all over Uniontown for me!
My gram washed all of the dirty plates!
my dad bought all the balloons!
Jenna came early in the morning and helped me with everything!
and my sister Krystle brought all the laughter and craziness!
Geno thankfully picked up my camera!


And a MAJORLY HUGE THANKYOU to one of my best friends JOYCE and her husband JACK for opening open their home and backyard and kitchen and life to my family!! 
you guys are the sweetest people I have ever met!  
I forever cherish you and our friendship!
I love you guys!! 

They say it takes a village... and let me tell you it sure did and I couldn't of done it without every single one of my villagers! haha 


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS