Friday, March 16, 2018

Pancakes | Lifestyle Session

How about pancakes for breakfast this morning? I love breakfast ... but let me honest with you ... I do not make it often enough. My husband would probably be shocked if he came downstairs in the morning and I had a fresh batch of pancakes ready at the table for him and my little ones. 

Breakfast in some odd way gives me a sense of newness to the day. However, my idea of a good breakfast would be a table filled with eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, and fresh orange juice. Around here this in reality only happens when we are on vacation.
bummer.
Here at my home we often have cereal, eggs, or oatmeal; normally because my little ones are too anxious to wait for me to cook something.
My new years resolution this year was to wake up super early to get a jump start on the day. You know, before the pitter patter of little feet start to echo throughout the house. I had extra time to spend in the Bible, clean the kitchen, start a load of laundry, and begin breakfast..... I was doing great until this time change.. now I am back to waking up with my little ones and I feel all out of sorts. Hopefully my body adjusts to spring forward shortly.

I envy my grandparents, well really the 40's & 50's, when people around here had a farm to tend to. Everyone was up at 4am tending to their animals all to come together at 8 am for a large breakfast and energy for the day. Anytime I stayed with my grandparents we had a feast waiting for us when we woke up.  This is a very serious mom goal of mine. Do you hear that Aaron, a goal... don't expect breakfast to be waiting for you tomorrow morning haha. 😘 

I am sure your are wondering when I am actually going to get into the pictures of this session.. how about now. haha 

Tascha is probably on the list of my favorite people, along with her babies - Tucker and Lucy. My daughter after playing with Lucy just one afternoon named her baby kitten after her.. haha.. yep. that's this sweet family. definitely unforgettable. so much that you name things you love after them. 

We met at the beginning of summer last year .. at Lucy's first birthday party... not long after we joined them at Idlewild- and well- the rest is history. She knew how to get straight to my heart...thus began a new and refreshing friendship...just like breakfast.

If you know both Tascha and I .. you would know that breakfast started in late morning - maybe closer to early afternoon..... I like that she gets me this way.... but everyone had their late morning naps... so it just made for a really fun, pleasant time together.

We first started with washing our fruit ....but ..you know what ...I'm going to pause there...honestly these pictures do not leave anything to guess at ...so I will just let the images speak for themselves. enjoy your breakfast with Tascha, Tucker & Lucy.............






















and there it is. breakfast with my gorgeous friends. I snagged a little piece of pancake and it was just as delicious as it looks. 
When I left this session.... I felt my heart just pausing and realizing how important it is that we take time out of our day to create memories like this with our loved ones. It definitely isn't always beautifully set like this ... especially if your letting little ones have their tiny hands in it, -it will be much more messier. But, now when I  think about it, when I am in a hurry to get breakfast on the table and get on with work ... I am missing out. 
So Aaron, just maybe Ellavieve, Grey, and I will make you a few pancakes in the morning.

I love being surrounded in love.. don't you? 


Thank you Tascha, Tucker & Lucy for letting me spend some much needed time capturing these moments.... and Joey... I'm super sorry you missed this delicious breakfast. I'm sure you wife and babies will make you pancakes soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS