Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fresh 48 | Uniontown Hospital

This precious little family welcomed their baby boy just 24 hours before I got the chance to meet him. 
It has been pretty snowy here the last few days.. so there is nothing like meeting a baby for the first time to help cheer and warm things up a bit. 



Uniontown Hospital seemed to be pretty busy the day I came to visit... I like to think it is because the sick are healing so its finally time to go home... and moms and dads are welcoming new babies so they are filling up the parking lot with lots of visitors.

Once I arrived to the maternity floor, the doctors and nurses seemed to be full of deep belly laughs... I could tell they had just welcomed a little one because they were dressed head to toe in scrubs and all that extra blue they put on to deliver a babe.








        

Jonathan met me up front with the proud daddy look and walked me back to mommy and baby's room.
Just during our short walk, I could feel the joy and excitement he carried. 

Before I introduce to you this handsome little guy, I just want to share with you how much of a miracle this boy is. When Felicia first inquired about a fresh 48, we had a chance to catch up from the last time when we had first met ( if I'm getting this date correct it has been almost 5 years).  This pregnancy first started out with twins.. finding out 10 weeks later that they had lost one of their babies. Which resulted in bed rest until 26 weeks.
I just felt so bad, but Felicia, the incredible girl she is, found joy in her sorrow. She reassured me how this was such a miracle and a gift from God.  She was told at 15 she wouldn't be able to carry a little one... but yet in God's goodness and faithfulness here we are. 
Praise the Lord for the giver of all things!

Finally, I would like to introduce to you........
Finnegan Milo Riley
born March 8th 2018 at 11:15 am
7lbs 6oz 20inches long


Finn. gosh this name. I have loved it for years. You guys, he is perfect. I have never met a baby to be so content. Even with diaper changes and nursing. His cry is barely anything at all.
Finnegan Milo means
White, fair, and merciful. I think his name suites him perfectly.
He has a head full of blonde hair and beautiful porcelain skin.

He was snug as a bug when I first arrived...but then with little routine checks and me of course  ... he soon started to give me little peaky eyes and smiles...
 


One of the best things about a fresh 48 is getting to watch first hand new parents interacting with their baby for the first few times... 
I was amazed mostly with Jonathan. He was a natural, and probably the most helpful husband in the world. Anytime anyone needed anything he jumped to help right away.... wait until you see how this little guy fits just right in daddy's hands. Oh. my. word. He nuzzles him so sweetly. 


Not long into our session, Finn started to get a little hungry. I'm unsure if its a boy thing ... I'm starting to think it is...but Finn nursed like the little champ he is. 



"....pillowed against you.. your baby knows a closeness to you. He is gaining a firm foundation in an important era of life - - - he is learning about love. " - Ashville AP








Welcome sweet baby boy.... you have forever changed our lives!

Thank you Jonathan & Felicia for letting me come and capture Finn's first few moments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS