Thursday, May 17, 2018

Dallas | 1st Birthday

oh little Dallas... I feel like I just met you for the first time a few weeks ago. It is so hard to believe it has been an ENTIRE YEAR!




it is pretty perfect that this little boys mommy picked "time flies" as his first birthday theme!
because - gracious it has.

When Courtney first told me what she was doing for Dallas' first birthday.. my mind ran wild.

These sessions are so much fun! 
I am not a huge fan of props - but something simple can go such a long way. I knew I wanted to incorporate an airplane for our little Dallas! 

I have a great friend who happens to bring my vision to life anytime I come up with something crazy haha. Aaron mainly specializes in farmhouse design but he is my go to guy ... well for EVERYTHING.. 
I will give you his contact info at the very end 
but- look at this airplane he built for me.....


😍

...and just incase you were wondering.. the propeller spins... perfect.

I first met Dallas when he was just a baby bump at a shower I was photographing.... I'll never forget Courtney then... she is so super cute.. and I was so excited when she asked me to take a few pictures of him after he made his arrival!

I actually went to school with this little mans dad. - and if you know the both of them... this boy is 100% an even mix of both Troy & Courtney.

He is just so darn cute.


I knew I wanted to take Dallas to the perfect spot for this session.
I knew that a local resort here, had a small runway and they are awesome about letting photographers photograph there.

If you haven't ever been. I highly suggest checking out Nemacolin Woodlands. They are wonderful. 

Once we arrived at Nemacolin we headed towards the runway - not on the runway- but close enough to see the runway behind him



Not long into the session we had an amazing staff member show up and want to take us to their airplane museum.
the Pride and Joy Vintage Airplane Hangar
It just made the session.











 The vintage airplanes were magnificent!
I would highly suggest stopping in at checking them out!

The late movie star Steve McQueen owned the 1931 Pitcarin PA-8.
so you can pretty much call Dallas famous for taking pictures with it
😊



My personal favorite was the blue airplane!



I do not remember all of the details but I do remember that it will be airing on the bachelorette if it already hasn't!

...just so fun....
I think I am a little smitten over all these famous airplanes!



After our photoshoot with the airplanes we moved to the end of the airstrip.
Where Dallas just totally rocked his session...
giving me endless smiles and giggles....








This boy was a photog's dream!
He is such a doll baby.




it was time to end our session with a cake smash!





Dallas LOVED his cake!
he pretty mush smashed it to smithereens...

but he was so cute doing it!

While he was getting cleaned up I thought hey...
when in Rome...

Who doesn't love a 1 year old naked baby booty?!?


😍

Happy First Birthday Sweet Dallas!!!
you have forever stamped my heart!








A huge thank you to Nemacolin for being so amazing, willing & kind to help make this boys birthday super special!

And another huge thank you to Aaron Early for helping bring my imagination to life!






No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS