Friday, June 1, 2018

Abigail Grace | Birth

May 2nd will always forever be one of my favorite days!

It is the day we all met the long awaited Abigail Grace.



Just to back track a bit, I first met the Wheeler's on a below zero afternoon for a Christmas Mini!
I have to laugh because I remember thinking how crazy we were to do this session .. haha


but they of course rocked their session with 4 baby boys!
That is where it all started.
right there.
I should of known then they were an incredible family.

There are clients, that instantly become like family. I think its safe to say this family with all their little boys found their place in my heart rather quickly. 

I think Sarah and her sister Becca had once mentioned I was part of the family... 😭
I will take that 100 times over.
no.
I'm sorry.
a million times over!

oh my heart. 


Soon we all found out that Sarah would be welcoming the first girl into the family. 
I was so happy when we talked about birth photography.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Flash forward to May 2nd.
Normally, I am rushing and running around to get to the hospital for a birth -so I was happy to welcome a slower paced birth.

Sarah was 3cm when she first got to Ruby
I checked in with her at 9:42 that morning. 

"just sitting here waiting..."


We talked back and forth for awhile about how anxious we all were to meet Abigail. 

if you guys know both Sarah and Becca
you know they are so fun to be around.

So when I found out Becca was there just hanging out - I was anxious to get there.
if I can say this about birth?
 - I knew we were going to have just a fun time..

I decided I would finish up some catch up photography work and then head to Ruby. 


I jammed to some K-LOVE on the way and arrived at 4:55pm
It was so sunny and warm out- something we all anticipated this time of year.

It was a perfect day to meet Abigail.


I made my way up to the 6th floor room 628.

When I first arrived Sarah was feeling pretty fantastic... she had just had her epidural, so other than her "dead leg" it was pretty smooth sailing for awhile.


Just as I expected we all had fun passing the time.
I know I mentioned this early. but goodness they are a fun family.


Midwives and nursing staff would pop their heads in and move Sarah around a bit so that baby girl would move down more.

...

Sarah had a few visitors in the mean time...….. all just as awesome as Sarah & Jordan. 
I also went for a short walk and a small visit to a friend of mine staying in the hospital.


I made my way back to the room around 8:30
We all ordered food and played the game of time and weight guessing.



So... 
Sarah's time guess was originally 9:00 pm

We all gave our updated guess but Sarah kept her 9pm
"sarah it is like 8:50"
"nope. I'm keeping it"

2 things I learned that night.
Never order food when waiting on a baby and never second guess the mom- to- be.


not long after the e.t.a.'s something shifted in the room.
I think we all knew it was time to meet Abigail.

and you guessed it.
right on time with mommy's guess. 


one of the midwives talked with Sarah about the pressure she was having
checked her- and it was time .

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

First though, I just need to tell the world about Jordan.
He was incredible and the best labor support I have seen yet.
He just loved all over his bride.

he covered her in all of his love.

He would just whisper these absolutely darling things to Sarah.
I am actually going to leave those words just for them and not share.

but I will say this.
We were all in tears.

I was truly amazed with their love for one another and how beautiful he made their birth experience.






Midwives, Nurses & Attendings all found their places 


it was time to meet Abigail.



I wish I could remember for the life of me who said it....

but I remember hearing this faint voice..

" did y'all order food?"
HAHA.
yep.
We sure did.

Sarah and Jordan's good friend Susan ran to the rescue. lol

and we were all back to bringing Abigail into the world.

In that moment, Sarah realized she was going to meet her little girl very shortly and she was flooded with those beautiful happy tears.

and again.. not a dry eye in the room.

I am always taken back to when I was about to welcome my babies...
( nowhere close to being as graceful as Sarah... but that feeling is wonderful)
9 months of waiting is finally coming to an end.

















There she is... 
In all of her beauty.

little hands... itty bitty feet... tiny baby bum.. and her cheesy goodness.
perfection.


………………………………………………………………………………………………………



I think grandma  was a little surprised when she called to check in...



so many more happy tears flowed that evening.






She is finally here.
I am so proud and entirely over joyed for this family.


Abigail was perfect.

quiet.

an itty bitty little girl.







… after I feel like forever,.. she fussed for just a bit
but she was back to a content little thing in a few moments.


I love that newborn cry.
it is just so tiny.






Abigail weighed in at 
8lbs 3oz
-another guess Sarah won.


It was time for me to leave this new family to enjoy their new baby girl together.




I may be crying right now.

Welcome beautiful little girl.


Thank you again Jordan and Sarah for letting me be part of this perfect day.


Please stay tuned for the family session of Abigail at a week old and how those brothers adore her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS