Saturday, May 5, 2018

Calli Rose | fresh 48


I believe Ruby will always have such a special place in my heart... as this is the place where my babies entered into the world. 
So anytime I visit I am flooded with beautiful memories of when I first met Ellavieve and Grey face to face. 

I'm sure as you follow along  in my blogging adventure you will read more about my birth experience. .... 

but, today I get the privilege to share with you a beautiful fresh 48 and introduce to you 
little Miss Calli Rose Lavery






that little bundle stole my heart the moment I found out that Brendan, Courtney & Jake were to be welcoming a new little one to their family. 
.
Just a little fun fact ....
just about a year ago I was able to capture the day they became one!

and just a few weeks shy of a year later I get to come to the hospital to watch as the new parents begin another new journey together.

its perfect really. 

and since I am reminiscing here.... 
Their wedding day was just as beautiful as this day. 

warm. sunny. fascinating light. and so much love.


I would check in with Courtney here and there and we would chit-chat a little but my most exciting text from her reads this.

".... I wanted to let you know that I'm going to be induced tonight at midnight.." 

I probably checked Instagram quite a few times over the next few hours.... until Sunday afternoon... I get a beautiful picture from Courtney introducing me to her baby girl...
(ill share the picture in a bit)
but oh goodness I couldn't wait to meet her.


It was early afternoon on a Monday when I first met this itty bitty....

I was welcomed with big smiles and the beautiful story of Calli's delivery. 
(always one of my favorite parts to hear)
(so any of you can tell me your birth story anytime) :) 


The little blue light you may see in some of this session was a light to help Calli out just a bit. 

I couldn't tell because I was just in awe of this little babe.. but I believe she had just a little bout of jaundice.

it is definitely a good thing I am not a doctor or a nurse... I would of been fired lol... she looked absolutely perfect to me.... 
she is just a cute as I imagined!



look at her already giving me dreamy images and precious faces! 



this little girl nursed like such a little champ! 
there isn't anything better Courtney could give her baby girl.

I also learned something new...
you can slide your little bundle in your hospital gown for skin to skin and use it as a little blanket all the while nursing and keeping baby warm.

haha. genius. 

I think ill keep this little lesson, tuck it away, and use it if we are blessed again with another baby.


those baby rolls. I cant handle it. so perfect. 

even her cry faces are darling....




this little girl loves her mommy... Just a little touch from mommy calmed her immediately.



I forget what that little cry sounds like after hearing toddler tantrums every day lol....


she is just so little.
and tiny
and so so sweet. 
even that little cry she is giving us here is darling... 


Once again, she just needed to hear mommy's heart beat. 


Another favorite of mine is watching a new dad hold their baby.
it is just as good as seeing a groom cry as their bride walks to them on their wedding...

they are so in love with that little baby that they are so gentle...
so gentle that their shoulders rise to their ears and their heart beats super fast because they don't want to hurt their most prized gift. 

it is like watching them carry love. 
all whole bunch of undeniable love. 




and gracious does Brendan ever love this baby girl....
you can feel it
and you can see it 






Brendan has the 2 most perfect girls in the world.






I think Calli came into the world and jumped right into all of our hearts.

Until I get to see you again little one!

I give you
Calli Rose Lavery
7lbs. 5oz
19.5 inches long.
.
.
.
( this was the sweetest picture message ever... I can not help but share)

😍

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS